I last posted a blog on 25th December 2019. Since then, I have been lazy to write and post a blog. I have always got inspirations or call them ideas to write about but I would write nothing. I always claimed that I will get one day and write all the blog ideas at once. That day had not come until today.
I have been reading several books ever since the year began and just yesterday I started reading one titled “Eat that frog” by Brian Tracy. I have forwarded it before to some people to read. The author talks about 21 ways to stop a major challenge in most adults today which is procrastination. As I began to read, it dawned on me that I have the same challenge, procrastination. You know it is so easy to push things for later, I know I am not alone.
So, at the end of the first chapter called “Set the table”, the Author gives an assignment and he says “Take a clean sheet of paper right now and make a list of ten goals you want to accomplish in the next year. Write your goals as though a year has already passed and they are now a reality. Use the present tense, positive voice, and first-person so that they are immediately accepted by your subconscious mind.”
I got a paper immediately and began writing, and I realised I had written eighteen goals in the present tense as he advises above. One of the goals said “I write a blog each day”
This blog is as a result of that goal. Before he gives that assignment, he shares a seven-step formula of setting and achieving goals. Just seven steps I am following to be able to write a blog daily.
- Decide exactly what you want. (For me it was to write a blog daily)
- Write it down. Think on paper. (I wrote down my goal on paper before I typed it)
- Set a deadline on your goal (I added my goal to my daily schedule from 8:00pm to 9:00pm)
- Make a list of everything you are going to have to do to achieve your goal. (Mine were to read daily, watch videos, and find inspiration from conversations with people)
- Organize the list into a plan. (That simple list fits into my daily schedule)
- Take action on your plan immediately. (I started writing)
- Resolve to do something every single day that moves you toward your major goal.(I read, watch and find inspiration daily)
I believe, you too can get on a journey of setting and achieving your goals using the seven step formula above.